Daffodil College of Horticulture
Vidyanagar, Khetri, Kamrup (M)
Affiliated to Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU), Guwahati.
New Jobs Opening
Applications from Indian citizens are invited for a few posts of Assistant Professor in the Daffodil College of Horticulture, Khetri, Kamrup (M), Assam. Intending candidates may apply in the prescribed form attached herewith. Details of subjecs, EQ, Application form and other necessary information are mentioned below. The same may also be obtained from the office of the undersigned against cash payment of Rs.100/. The applications complete in all respects along with necessary enclosures in support of candidature should reach the office of the Secretary, Daffodil Multipurpose Educational Trust, Daffodil Nursery (Old), Bhearkuchi, Dhopguri, Khetri – 782403, Kamrup (Metro), Assam on or before July 31, 2020.
Requirement for the posts of Assistant Professor
- No. of Vacancy : 01 in each discipline
- Agricultural Statistics
- Agricultural Economics (Marketing)
- Horticulture (Pomology)
- Horticulture (Olericulture)
- Horticulture (Floriculture)
- Soil Science
- Crop Physiology
- Genetics & Plant Breeding
- Agricultural Extension & communication
- Essential qualifications:
- Consistently good academic record.
- Passed Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture/Horticulture and in relevant disciplines.
- Secured minimum 55% marks or minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.00 in 4 point scale or 7.00 in 10 point scales at the Master’s degree level in concerned discipline from a recognized Indian/foreign university.
For universities adopting scales other than 4 point or 10 point, the minimum
CGPA (MCGPA) requirement shall be worked out by the formula -
MCGPA = 3+0.667 (Scale Point – 4). (Where, MCGPA = Minimum Cumulative
Grade Point Average, Scale Point = Highest value of the scale).
(Thus, for 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 Point Scales the MCGPAs are 3.00, 3.67, 4.33, 5.00,
5.67, 6.34 and 7.00, respectively, when approximated at two places after decimal).
- Salary : Negotiable
- Qualified National Eligibility Test (NET). The NET is waived for candidates with Ph.D. degree, provided such degree is obtained under course credit system in accordance with the University Grants Commission/ICAR.
- The candidates with two full length publications having NAAS rating not less than 4, on the last date of submission of application will be preferred, which may be relaxed by the Trust.
- Age of the candidate should not be more than 38 years on the last date of submission of application.
- Knowledge of present agricultural situation of the country, region and he state.
Age limit as on 01.08.2020: 38 years (maximum). The age is relaxable by the number of full years of service rendered in AAU/ICAR/CSIR/DST/SAUs and other College/Govt. Institutions as supported by the relevant documents and as desired by the Trust.
- Retired persons with requisite qualifications may also apply.
- Candidates who are applying for NET may also apply. They will however be selected as Teaching Associate till achieving NET if they are deemed fit.
- List of screened candidate will be informed through mail and no separate Call letter will be issued. The list and date of interview will be uploaded in the website
- Submission of application forms:
- Application form in prescribed format is to be submitted to the Secretary, DMET, Khetri along with all relevant documents on or before 31.07.2020.
- Application fee is to be deposited at Jagiroad Branch of HDFC as shown below and fee-paid Challan copy is to be enclosed along with the application form. The prescribed fee is Rs. 500/- in case of general candidates sand Rs. 300/- in case of SC/ST/PH candidates.
- Reservation shall be as per Government of Assam Rules.
- In service candidates must send their application through proper channel.
- Applications received late and found incomplete will not be considered.
- All correspondence will be done digitally.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstance.
- The DMET reserves the right to:
- Select and/or reject any candidate and subject without sowing any reason thereof.
- Fill up or not to fill up some or all posts for any reason whatsoever.
- Alter/insert any condition/section of/to the advertisement.
- Accept the decision of the Selection Committee for method and final selection of candidates.
- Bank Details:
|Payable to||Daffodil College of Horticulture|
|Bank/Branch||HDFC Bank, Jagiroad Branch|
DMET,Daffodil Nursery (Old)
Bherakuchi, Dhopguri, Khetri – 782403
Helpline no.: 9126621108 / 9101768661 / 9854323400
Download Job Application Form
Download Job Advertisement and Application for Grade III and Grade IV Post (New)